Here’s a quote I did recently that I loved from Doctor Who. It was said by his companion Clara. Her last words actually. Something that I thought was so great because she was able to end the show with so much strength and bravery.
“Let Me Be Brave” – Clara Oswald
This design is available online in my Society6 & RedBubble shops. 🙂
I have a new quote to share! I keep forgetting to document my progress when making new quotes or drawing, but here’s one from the latest episode of Doctor Who. I loved it. Especially when he talked about the Bootstrap Paradox.
So here’s the process of how I made this quote:
- I sketched out the quote on some old paper I had here at home.
2. Here I am inking away.
3. Here’s the quote all inked.
4. Then to erase all of my pencil sketch.
5. One more layer of ink.
6. And now to digitize and color. The final product!
I recently watched the season premiere of Doctor Who this last weekend with many of you fellow Whovians and hand lettered some of my favorite quotes.
This one in particular I absolutely loved. I thought I’d show a little bit of the process from beginning to end on how I made it.
- Sketch a rough draft of the quote on whatever paper you have handy to get an idea of what you want with a regular pencil.
2. Sketch it again on a blank piece of paper (I’m using plain ol’ copy paper) and then go over with a good pen. I’m using a pen I got in a set from Barnes and Noble that are similar to the Microns by Sakura. I also have some Pitt pens that I use by Faber-Castell.
3. Then erase the pencil once the ink is dry and scan or take a photo to edit on the computer. I don’t have photos to share for that part of the process. But I did use Adobe Illustrator to trace the lettering and Adobe Photoshop to color everything. If you don’t have access to those, I do also use and recommend Inkscape as a free alternative to Illustrator and GIMP as a free alternative to Photoshop. They’re slightly different but you can get some great results while using these free programs.
4. Below is my final product. This is now also available in my Society6 shop and my Redbubble shop.
Did you know that we are less than a week away from the season premier of Doctor Who?!?!
I love Doctor Who. I have to admit I started initially with the 9th Doctor, but I have also taken the time to work on watching some of the older seasons too. 🙂
I put together this *free* 8×10 printable for all the Whovians out there.
PDF / JPG
Feel free to share and print as many copies. Please make sure to credit when sharing on social media and do not use for commercial use. (The actual files do not have the watermark.)